Tuesday, February 22, 2005

A pretty good start

That's me... two steps behind the curve as usual.

It's 2005 and I'm finally doing a blog.

Some of you may lovingly remember me as the "Philly Sports Dude" from back in the days when I actually updated phillysportsdude.com. Believe it or not, I still have the domain name, and the domain is even being hosted by a co-worker! But I'm just too lazy to go about updating it. I write code for a living, but I've been trying to make a conscious effort to leave programming tasks in the realm of "work" (even though it's often too fun to fairly be called that). This blog will allow me to post updates easily and quickly, and will do the publishing work for me.

Besides, talking about nothing but sports takes its toll on a guy, especially when you're writing about PHILADELPHIA sports. I have now lived to see all four of the major sports teams get to the championship... and lose. I guess there's something to be said for that.

Whatever the case, I am shedding my "PhillySportsDude" moniker forever and replacing it with the more humble and discrete "robustyoungsoul". This is where I will now post my random thoughts... which will make this blog exactly the same as every other blog in the universe. Neat!

No comments: