Consider this a follow up to the now infamous "Nice Bike" incident.
The last four days I've been on vacation in Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia. Julie and I went down there mostly for Busch Gardens, which was a blast, but also enjoyed the nice scenery, shopping, and restaurants as well. We even met a nice older couple that had retired there who suggested some of the places that were popular with the William & Mary college students.
But you don't care about any of that. So let me give you:
Folks are no doubt aware that I'm a sports fan. That includes football. I used to play fantasy football a couple of years ago, until I realized I wasn't really watching football anymore, I was watching numbers. So I stopped playing. And when I stopped playing, I realized something very important: Daunte Culpepper is a fraud.
This guy always puts up incredible numbers: yardage, touchdowns, QB rating, etc. Last year he had an amazing year by just about any standard according to those numbers.
BUT... none of those numbers account for fumbles. Daunte Culpepper consistently leads the league in fumbles by a wide margin. QB rating doesn't count fumbles. Fantasy football usually doesn't count fumbles. Fumbles are not accounted for in any yardage categories. They just disappear. If you count fumbles, Daunte Culpepper is near the top of the turnover list every year in football.
So anyway, I made this point (rather loudly) last year during football season, and as the new season approaches some of the gents at work have, of course, started to rib me about it again.
When I returned to the office this morning, I found the following taped to my screen:
The madness didn't even come close to stopping there. I found copies of the picture in a variety of places:
1) Once the taped picture was removed from the monitor, it was revealed that it was also my new desktop wallpaper.
2) The framed picture on my desk of Julie had been replaced with a framed picture of Daunte Culpepper.
3) Every drawer in my desk had been lined with Daunte Culpepper photos.
4) Every folder in my desk had been filled with Daunte Culpepper photos.
5) The inside of every overhead cabinet above my desk was lined with photos.
6) My box of Raisin Bran was covered AND FILLED with photos.
7) My programming books had Daunte Culpepper inserts.
8) A folded picture of Daunte Culpepper was placed under my mousepad.
And finally, perhaps most brilliantly, the speed dial settings on my phone were changed to the following:
* Daunte's Home
* Daunte's Cell
* Daunte's Mom
* Daunte's Agent
* Daunte's Car Service
* Daunte's Dry Cleaner
* Daunte's Pizzeria
* Daunte just fumbled! Suicide Hotline
* Daunte's #1 Fan (My Cellphone)
I'm told by the pranksters themselves that I still haven't found all of the pictures.
So, to reiterate a point I have already made in a previous post:
"Never, ever let anyone know that something is annoying to you. Better to let it eat at your insides until you cry without anyone understanding why."
Yup, it's good to be back.