Friday, August 05, 2005

Vacation

Today I leave for a week's vacation with the family. We're getting on a cruise ship.. should be fun.

I've been working here over a year now, and I still can't get used to the idea of getting paid vacation. There was a time when taking vacation was like a double hit on your pocketbook: not only did it cost money, but you were losing days where you could be MAKING money as well.

Needless to say, I like this option a lot better.

At the same time, I find myself a little reluctant to leave. I really like work, and there are so many things going on I feel like I can't quite get enough done before I take the time off. I am reminded constantly by coworkers that the work will still be here when I get back... but I've been getting pre-vacation stress thinking "I gotta get this ONE MORE thing done."

It's a great problem to have.

So I'll be back in a week. Until then, here's hoping the Phillies put together a winning streak in my absence.

No comments: