Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Challenges Ahead

For a little over half a year, I've been working on a webapp for work that will be used by external clients. It's very exciting stuff, and I'm using a host of different technologies and platforms to bring the whole thing together.

In a few weeks, I'll be traveling to company headquarters for what I hope is the last leg of this long process. I'll need the help of other departments with expertise/ownership over areas I know next to nothing about, particularly in terms of security issues. I've been spending the last few days putting together the tech specs for the app explaining how it works, and I'm hoping it is well received by the folks whose help I'll need.

At the same time, Julie is currently in New Jersey for the first day of the dreaded bar exam. She has done well on the practice tests and I think she's going to do just fine, but it's gotta be scary looking down the barrel of three days of testing that you've basically been preparing for the last three years to take.

So there's a lot in the air right now that's going to have an impact on our lives. It's exciting, fun, and more than a little terrifying.

No comments: