Tuesday, July 26, 2005

CraigCon

This past weekend marked the third year of what is now dubbed CraigCon, a gathering of gaming groups from a couple of circles of old friends. The event is named for the organizer, a buddy of mine named Craig who is about as avid a gamer as I know. It started out as a chance for old college friends who had moved apart to get together and game, and has expanded to include other gamers from Craig's regular games up in Rutherford, New Jersey.

It's always a good time, and this year was no exception.

It's fun to kick back, relax, and just roll some dice with some good people. Although it has been getting tougher each year for some of the original core group of folks to make it, I find the whole thing so fun and relaxing that I make sure to put it on my calendar every year. I got a chance to play a game I'd never heard of before too: Bulldogs!, a d20 based game with a sci-fi motif. I'll definitely have to pick it up in the near future.

As life goes on, it gets harder to coordinate spending time with old friends, but CraigCon provides a great way to stay in touch and meet some new people at the same time.

No comments: